carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

Hi How do I unlock the region on a Panasonic TH50PZ80A Plasma

Customer Question

How do I unlock the region on a Panasonic TH50PZ80A Plasma TV bought in Australia now in UK?
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

I have had a look and I do not think it is possible for what I have read the tv was released for the Australian market and the tuner is set for the Australian frequency's.

You might be able to change the main input board for a uk version and use it to receive freeview but I feel a freeview box would be a cheaper option.

I hope this helps.

JACUSTOMER-e457ggj5- :

Thought there might be a firmware update out there as the same tv is sold here in UK?

JACUSTOMER-e457ggj5- :

carlday1 :

I would have thought the same or a service menu setting but from what I have read the tuner in the tv is only suitable for Australia.