carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

sharp ht sb60 sound bar turns on for approx. 1 second then

Customer Question

sharp ht sb60 sound bar turns on for approx. 1 second then turns off red led flashes
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

Does the light flash a sequence?

JACUSTOMER-708an4yh- :

hi carl yes it comes on then off flashes 4 times quickly and then twice slower and longer then repeats

carlday1 :

Thank you I am after a service manual to find out what the fault is I will get back to you as soon as I know.

carlday1 :

Have you tried unplugging everything out of the sound bar expect the sub and tried powering it on?

carlday1 :

Please could you confirm the led flash sequence? I cannot find anything for 4 flashes

JACUSTOMER-708an4yh- :

hi carl yes everything is unplugged its deffinatley 4 flashes probably within 1 second then 2 flashes around 1 sec each then after approx 2 secs on again for around half asec then back to the 4 flashes , pete

carlday1 :

HI Pete,

I have had a look in the service manual and can find nothing for 4 flashes, unfortunately all errors that are listed point to serious issues are you planning to attempt repairing the soundbar yourself?

I can send you a link to the service manual if needed.

JACUSTOMER-708an4yh- :

hi carl I don't think I could repair it but a link to the manual may help I have just reset it again by holding the on off button and sound mode button at the same time it then stays on until you try and link it to tv or if you turn off it wont come on again

carlday1 :

Hi Pete,

I have uploaded the manual to here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/Soundbar.pdf

I hope this helps, I might be able to recommend a local repairer if needed.