Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

my tv is samsung plasma tv 51inch got 2 small cracked on the

Customer Question

my tv is samsung plasma tv 51inch got 2 small cracked on the bottom right hand side near samsung tv logo when i turn tv on all i can hear is a buzzing sound and the picture not come on please help can i get it fix and how much would it cost? thank
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV?
- Was any object hit the screen that made those cracks and are they visible?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model number is XXXXX and yes my kids toy did hit the screen and also can see 3 small line visible crack
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry for that loss of display panel of TV.

TV requires plasma display panel replacement that is high cost part of this TV, this repair may cost more than new TV of same size, sorry for no good news.

Replacement plasma display panel would be available with Samsung service center in your area that may cost 400 to 450 Pounds plus tech labor to get it replaced, whereas same model is still available for 445 pounds at following site..

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/30964989/Samsung-PS51E450A1W-51-Inch-HD-Ready-Plasma-TV/Product.html

I'm sorry there is no other fix for broken display panel and replacement TV would be better choice instead of investing on this unit repair.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or replacement unit. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
I saw that you posted another question as follows..

"Hi pls help again can I claim my cracked broken tv out home content insurance"

Please continue your TV issue in this thread and please contact your insurance company to get answer about damage of TV if they have any cover for it.

Hope this info will help, please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Shahid.