Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

how do i get volume on my horizon remote to work on my hannspree

Customer Question

how do i get volume on my horizon remote to work on my hannspree tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

How many digits does your Horizon remote require for a code (3 digits, 4 digits, 5 digits, etc.)?

Also, what is the model number off of the back of your TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3digits

gt03-37e1

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

Please try the codes listed below, and if you find that none of them are working, simply reply back and I will continue to assist you. Make sure that you follow the programming steps in the remote's manual and also that the TV is powered "ON" when you are testing the codes:

HANNSPREE: 063 099 349 381 348 351 352

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry not great at remotes programming where do i start

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
I absolutely couldn't tell you because EACH and every remote out there is different. HOW to program the remote is in the hands of Horizon. They include a manual with all of their remotes that shows you step by step how to program it. If you don't have a manual, I would have absolutely no way of telling you how to program their remote. In this case you would need to call your cable service provider and ask for them to give you instructions as this is their supplied equipment. I can only locate the codes for your TV, but I have no knowledge of Horizon's equipment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry i think i need 4 digits

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. Try these and let me know how it turns out. if they do not work, simply postback and I will dig deeper for more codes:

Hannspree 1348, 1351, 135
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no joy was that last digits 1352

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Sorry about that, and yes it was 1352.

Are you certain that your cable company is called Horizon/ I just want to check and see if they post any information regarding codes for this TV.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cable company is upc receiver is horizon

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Try this please:

Search for setting code automatically
If the particular TV, video recorder or DVD player/recorder make you have is not
given in the setting codes lists, or the setting codes given do not work, use the
following information.
• Switch on the piece of equipment which you want to set up the Remote Control.
• To set up the remote for your TV, press and then release it again (use to
search for the setting code for your video recorder or DVD player/recorder).
• Press and simultaneously. Wait until lights up twice on the Remote
Control and then release the buttons.
• Then press , and consecutively. on the Remote Control lights
up twice.
• Point the Remote Control towards your TV and press .
• Point the Remote Control towards your TV. Press [ch ] on the Remote Control
repeatedly until your TV switches off (each time you press [ch ], the Remote
Control sends an ‘off’ signal to your TV corresponding to a particular setting code).
Once the setting code that belongs to your TV has been found, your TV switches
off. If you are trying to set up your video recorder or DVD player/recorder, your
video recorder or DVD player/recorder will switch off when the correct code has
been found.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no joy will get my son to try tomorrow i may be doing something wrong

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Alright Joe, Let me know how you make out and if you need further assistance I will dig deeper.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
No problem.