Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My tv is 51inch samsung it had 3 small cracked on my right

Customer Question

My tv is 51inch samsung it had 3 small cracked on my right screen tv and when I turn tv on all I can hear is buzzing sound and no picture at all can it be fix and how much or can Samsung sorting this for me because is still under warranty
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 4 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

First and foremost, I have to tell you that a crack in the panel is NOT something that happens on it's own- nor is it EVER covered under warranty on any device with an LCD or Plasma Panel.

The only way for the screen to develop a crack, is for it to be bumped, hit, nicked, or some pressure was put directly against the area of the crack. The botXXXXX XXXXXne diagnosis is that the Panel is blemished, rendering it inoperable and this is a terminal failure on these sets.

Unfortunately I don't have good news, to repair it would require replacement of the entire Display Panel from the inside of the TV. The cost of a new Panel is typically 80% of the cost of the TV, and to replace it entails removing all of the boards inside the TV and essentially rebuilding it. Once the cost of labor is added to the repair, it would cost you more than a new TV to fix this. I wish I had better news for you, but once the Panel is cracked, the set is not cost-effective to repair, and you would be better off purchasing a new set.
If you need further assistance, let me know.