carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

The other day I got the sky broadband and telephone service

Customer Question

The other day I got the sky broadband and telephone service which is working, albeit not having a clue how the new hub will work the multi room TV in different rooms. Having followed the instructions on the cardboard box. I am left with a lot of wires but no multi room and do I need to get another remote control?
Category: TV
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is ***** ***** I will help with your question.

carlday1 :

How many rooms do you have a sky box in?

carlday1 :

You have posted two questions would you like me to send the other question to customer service as a duplicate question so you can get a refund?

JACUSTOMER-koh7zpg8- :

I have the main TV in a front room and hope to have it in the back room. The telephone and it's leads are in the hallway and dont reach to either room

carlday1 :

Are you hoping to connect the sky box to the sky router to access on demand?

Moving the tv to the back room should be easy if the cables from the sky dish are long enough.

JACUSTOMER-koh7zpg8- :

I have the main sky hd box in the front room but hope to get it in the back room at least

carlday1 :

Do the cables from the dish come through the back room? if they don't you will need to extend the cables from the dish to the new sky box location?

If it is only 10m or so you can use an extension lead like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/200727482004?lpid=83&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=83&ff19=0

JACUSTOMER-koh7zpg8- :

Sorry Carl but its a bit like buying a car and then having to buy some wheels. Probably not your fault maybe Sky's for not providing the correct equipment but paying £42 on top of the subscription and all the rest plus the hassle is too expensive for what it is.

carlday1 :

What have you got off sky?

If you want multiroom there are two ways it can be done one is sky install another sky box in the other room but they charge for this.

The other is to connect the sky box to another tv using a piece of cable and a magic eye which is a small device that allows you to control the box from another room.

A magic eye looks like this

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-koh7zpg8- :

They havent supplied what you picture but a larger white box. I will have to get back to them but I have had four expensive premium rate phone calls waiting up to seven minutes each plus this which I got the impression was a Sky helpline but it seems not. You can imagine my dissatisfaction with it all and while I dont want to mark you down, your company has been misleading in seemingly being under the Sky banner and therefore I cant rate the service positively though I realise you have done your best with an impossible job.

carlday1 :

I will send this chat to customer service and they can refund you as I am unable to help you with your question.