info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

i have a 40BL702B TOSHIBA LED TV ,the tv will not come on at

Customer Question

i have a 40BL702B TOSHIBA LED TV ,the tv will not come on at all ,the red display light remains red despite pressing every butto there is both on the remote and tv ,it will flash red and green on very rare and lucky occasions and come on fior a bit and then it returns to red again in no time and then the dreaded black screen ,ive only used the tv a few times and its not 12months old yet and bought it brand new from COMET ,any ideas please anyone ,regards XXXXX XXXXX use this for mobile discos and usb sticks with family pics etc so very dissapointed its let me down twice
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Because the set is less than 12 months old you should use the manuf warrenty with the set and get this sorted out BEFORE the warrenty runs out likely candidates for the fault are bad firmware or a bad mainboard, you cant do anything yourself or it will invalidate that warrenty.

Sorry this isnt anything easier.

Please let me know if you need more info or further clarification.

Many Thanks
Anthony