info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I CANNOT REMOVE THE VOLUME BAR CONTROL OFF THE SCREEN.MY REMOTE

Customer Question

I CANNOT REMOVE THE VOLUME BAR CONTROL OFF THE SCREEN.MY REMOTE WILL NOT WORK WHILE THIS BAR IS ON THE SCREEN. OCCASIONALLY THE VOLUME BAR WILL DISSAPEAR AND MY REMOTE WORKS AGAIN. THE MODEL OF MY TV IS LE22A457CID
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

When you say "I believe its in standby mode" the set will be off with the red light lit is it like this?

Or are you referring to the TV with the volume bar on that wont go away?

Or are you saying you have two issues now please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i have tried the mode button on the side and kept it depressed until standard appeared on the screen. i dont normally leave the tv in standby mode i switch it off at the mains.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bev

OK so you dont have two problems you just have this one problem with the volume bar stuck on the screen

Their is a procedure to follow here I am going to give you the first 3 checks please let me know you have completed these checks before we move on with this

OK theirs a couple of things that can cause this that must be eliminated one by one until we get to the cause so the first thing to do is examine the remote control are the volume controls on the remote good and not stuck under the plastic of the remote?, if thats OK, you then need to check the buttons on the set itself make sure they are free and not stuck under the plastic of the set, if they are the next check is to take the batteries out of the remote control and moniter the set with the remote completely inactive volume bar still there?let me know before I explain what I believe this to be

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

all the buttons seem free both on the remote and tv.have taken batteries out of remote and volume bar is still showing on screen

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bev

OK whilst the volume bar is on the screen is it stuck on 0 with no volume?or is the sound normal?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes its stuck on 0 with no volume

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bev

OK thanks for covering those other things that needed to be eliminated, the problem you have is the tact switches on the volume control\channel change keyboard on the set itself
the switches have become oxidised so are behaving like they are being pressed in your case the volume minus is bad so to get around this the best thing to do is disconnect the keyboard as its seldom used anyhow, the back of the set will need to come off, locate the printed circuit board behind those volume buttons on the front of the set and pull out the lead that feeds the buttons the volume on the front of the set wont work or channel change however these are seldom used just use the remote as normal it will solve the problem and give you time to decide if you want to replace the keyboard.

If you cant do it then an engineer will charge about £40 to disconnect them £80 to replace the keyboard.

Sorry its nothing real easy

Let me know if you have any problems with this

Please remember to rate the answer, thank you, the session will remain open even after rating should you wish to ask further questions

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thankyou i will try to do it myself can the leads just be pulled out?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bev

If you have a look you will see yourself how it comes out usually it just pulls out

Bev please remember to rate the answer as this is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee thanks

Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bev

Just following up
Is their anything else I can help you with this please?

Anthony