Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

LG BEEPING NOISE NO PICTURE SHOWING....PLEASE HELP??

Customer Question

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX my LG TV just broke down a few minutes ago every time i try to turn it on it just beeps with no picture and it is really worring me what can i do??

Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Beeping noise is likely an SMPS coil or transformer. Not really a thing to worry about, because whatever is beeping is already damaged.

It's important to have the TV's model number first. You'll find that on the sticker on the back of the TV set.

Next, LG makes plasmas and LCD TV sets....which one is yours

3rd -- Turn out the lights in the TV room, and power it up. Does it beep the moment you press the power button, and does it beep beep beep, OR make a consistent beeeeeeeeeeeeep eeep eeep eeeeeeeeep (more constant but slight interruptions) ?

Lastly, in the dark room does the screen stay pitch black or does it glow a little gray and stay lit or does it light, then go out?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its a constant beeeeeep no picture.

its an lcd tv

model no: 50PA4500

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Take a flashlight and look at the TV screen, angling the flashlight at a 45° angle to illuminate any cracks in the screen. Let me know if you see any, especially around the outer edge. Thne lay the TV Face down on a padded table, remove the screws from the back cover. On the back, you'll find a board on the left side with a plug on the top.

Power up the TV and listen, do you hear that left board beeping, or the center board beeping? If you have a digital camera take a picture of the whole electronic chassis. LG doesn't use pictures and they do help.

Here is a picture of the left board. If you hear it beeping, unplug the connector in the red box and see if it stops beeping.

graphic

Listen to the center board's Yellow transformers and see if that is your source. Definitely disconnect the red connector on the left board so you know if the beeping stops. I suggest you power down the TV any time you disconnect or reconnect that plug.