info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I was trying to regain some freeview channels on my Matsui

Customer Question

I was trying to regain some freeview channels on my Matsui TV and now I have lost all TV channels! I tried resetting, tried first installation nothing worked. I am 66 - TV essential!
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

OK switch the set off wait 5 mins then replug it back in again>>> try the first installation again let me know if you get anything then

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did this about 3 times last night - I didn't wait 5 mins so I will go and try again and reply later.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

OK let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it just keeps showing on screen 'Go to service set up to add new service' but nothing in the manual refers to this phrase?

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

How old is the set please?

Are you viewing through a freeview box or through the sets own freeview tuner if it has one?

Anthony

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have the receipt July 2010. No freeview box just through freeview tuner

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

You do see the set going through a tuning mode?searching for channels?

Where s the aerial for the set please ?what I mean is where is it mounted?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Anthony

no searching it just goes straight to the phrase I mentioned. Aerial on the roof of flats. The tv was working until I messed with the remote!

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Please get me the model number found on the back of the set

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just tried auto tuning and it does try searching for channels but then says no service. model number m19digb19

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

You are sure that your aerial lead is good the coax plug that goes into the set is good and the aerial is good?also any other device the aerial may be going into first is bypassed by connecting the aerial DIRECTLY to the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The aerial goes directly into the set - I have tested its connection and as I say, the tv was working fine. Whatever I have done from the remote seems to have knocked it out completely - I have a feeling I will just have to give up?

Thank you for your help.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rosemary

Well if its tuning but not finding anything theirs nothing the remote can do there it would appear to be either a signal problem OR the tuner in the set is bad

One other thought is the set may have an analogue tuner its not this that you should use as you may know so it has to tune in DTV mode

Let me know if I can do anything else

Anthony