hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

Hello, I have a pioneer PDP-506XDE.It works well enough to

Customer Question

Hello, I have a pioneer PDP-506XDE.
It works well enough to select an imput channel, in my case input 4, and view the channels from my Virgin Media box.
however, when I power-up the PDP I get the date and time menu displayed and this does not allow me to navigate or alter the date or time. it is totally non-responsive.
I can dismiss this menu by pressing an input button and continue to use the remote control activities.
this has been like this since new but is now not under warrantee.
Up until now I have not been using anything other than the stereo speaker out pus from the plasma screen but now I want to use a 5.1 sound system and need to access the SERVICE menu,
I have tried power to stand-by...press INFO BUTTON 4 seconds...LEFT...UP...LEFT...RIGHT remote control buttons to no avail.
All I ever get is the date and time menu.
How do I overcome this?
Regards, [email protected]
Category: TV
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As I wrote in my last reply to you, I would like you to continue to look.

If this is not the area of expertise that your group can deal with then could you please let me know.

Regards, Malcolm.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 4 years ago.
Hello there are you using the remote control that came with the TV please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't think that this is going anywhere. Could you please arrange for a refund.

Regards, Malcolm

Hello I will assume that you are using the original remote control that came with the TV.

You need to set the time & date by following this part of the manual.

http://snag.gy/y6c01.jpg

You will need to press the default PIN 1234 as part of the process.

If you have changed the default PIN, you can reset it by following this part of the manual

http://snag.gy/0Pz1N.jpg

JustAnswer automatically sends a rating bar with my answer but only rate me if the problem is resolved otherwise please press the "reply to expert" tab and we will continue with the troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This was not helpful. As I explained previously, the date and time menu appears on startup and can not be altered but merely dismissed by selecting an input channel.

Regards, Malcolm

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Malcolm,

So you are saying that when you press "Home Menu" when you turn on the TV, nothing happens please?

After you press an input button can you then press the Home Menu button?