Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109
TV

My LG tv is saying Not Programmed.

I have switched tv off... Show More
I have switched tv off for 15 mins and retuned twice but wont pick up any channels. What can . Do?
Category: TV
Show Less
Steven, Technician
replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is Steven
could you tell me a little bit more about the Issue with the TV, It is a LG TV correct, I am a little confused with the other information you provided. ( ventriglia )? type of appliance (other)? etc.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Its an LG TV model number 60PM670T and when i switched it on today it is sating "Not Programmed"

I have done evrything I can including auto tune (no channels found)

Switching off and on twice and retuning (nothing!)

Inputting time, date and zone and still nothing!

Steven, Technician replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that information, is this TV connected to a cable, satilite, dish box or antenna system?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Its connected to a cable/satelite box (Sky TV in the UK). We live in an apartment block with 8 apartments on a shared antenna but everyone else is not having a problem..

Steven, Technician replied 3 years ago.
How is the Cable box connected to the TV?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

By way of a cable. One for the Sky digital services (cable) and one for the antenna

Steven, Technician replied 3 years ago.
And the TV works ok with the Cable system but not with the TV antenna system?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Have never used the TV - just the cable/satelite.

Have retuned many times now inc TV and Cable - but doesnt find any channels..

Steven, Technician replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX sure you are in the proper input to view the cable box? Do you know what type of cable box connects the cable box to the TV?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Nothing has changed since the TV was bought 6 months ago. All cables ar in the same place and havent been touched. Everything was working perfectly last night but when we sitched it on today - it just says "Not Programmed"

Steven, Technician replied 3 years ago.
I understand, my question is do you know how the cable is connected to the TV, I think it may just be that your TV input for some reason has changed, if the TV is in the tuner input and your Cable is connected to the Video or HDMI input this would give the issue you are seeing on the screen, on your TV remote try switching between the different inputs to see if the Cable Box picture will show on one of the different inputs.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

No joy im afraid - have tried varios inputs (AV1, HDMI etc) but still not working!

Steven, Technician replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX afraid then your TV has developed a more serious issue that will repair. I do not have any information on UK products som I am going to opt out of the question, it will post back up to the top for othere experts to look at. Possibly someone with more information on this can help you.
Aric, Technician
replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

How do you receive your broadcasts on the TV specifically please?

Is it through a cable box connected to the HDMI 1 slot on the TV?

Is it through direct coaxial cable from the wall to the TV?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Hi, following my discussions with another one of your technicians and having no joy, I have phoned a local TV guy who is coming out this afternoon to have a look.

Would you please arrange for my money to be refunded and let me know how and when this will be done.

Val

Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago.
Sure Val, I will submit for a refund. Best of luck.