Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a digihome freeview box and recorder with twin terrestial

Customer Question

I have a digihome freeview box and recorder with twin terrestial tuner model:DG250DTRA08
I don't seem to have any tv listings therefore cannot record anything. Also i'm not getting any messages. Apart from that it all seems to be working fine. Can this be fixed or is it on its way out?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

are you using Top Up Tv service?

JACUSTOMER-l26mx1m5- :

NO

Nathan :

Thanks for the info. I was checking as that service was just recently discontinued, and your digihome box was primarily used with service, which would explain why it isn't getting guide data or tuning any channels in.

Nathan :

Digihome discontinued this model several years ago, so there aren't updates available for it. Normally, attempting a firmware update would be the primary fix here. In the absence of that option, there are really no there practical fixes you can do yourself.

Nathan :

THe most likely issue here is a failure of the tuner card, or a memory fault on the main board.

Nathan :

Either could be fixed, but won't be economically feasible, it would be less costly to buy a new unit.

Nathan :

If you'd like a recommendation for a replacement system, let me know.