hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Installer
Experience:  I am a certified Cable Television installer in the state of Hawaii
40928634

I have a Hitachi L46VN05U flat screen TV, and I am using a

Customer Question

I have a Hitachi L46VN05U flat screen TV, and I am using a remote Model Hitachi RC 3900.
I accidentally pressed a function on the remote and no matter what number I type into the remote, the TV goes to Channel 1 (BBC). Even if I press the number of the Channel I want and then press OK on the remote, it seems as if I have somehow automatically programmed the TV to select channel One. It is possible to select another channel, but the only way I can do this is by scrolling through the channels one by one and selecting OK. Any idea how I can resolve this issue so that I can use the remote as I did previously?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question. Have you tried unplugging the TV from power, then pressing and holding the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in to see if the issue is still there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just tried what you said but it didn't resolve the issue. I tried unplugging the TV and pressing and holding the Power button on the TV while the TV was still unplugged and I tried the same process whilst the TV was off but still connected to the power supply.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

Are you receiving your broadcasts from a direct aerial connection to the TV, or using a box?

Also, are you using the original TV remote to try to change channels or a universal?

Have you tried removing the batteries from the remote, then pressing power on the remote for 10 seconds, and reinstalling the batteries?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried what you said with the remote, removed the batteries and held the power button, also tried this with the batteries in. Still no luck, the TV is still returning to Channel 1 every time. I am sure that this is because I have programmed the remote to do this by mistake. The remote is model number Hitachi RC 3900 and I am sure it is the original remote. The aerial is a VHF outside aerial on the the roof of the building where I live. And the TV is not connected to any type of Satellite or other type of box.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, but I'm sorry I cannot locate anything for this problem, and I will open the question for other experts to help assist here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Aric,

Do you know how long it will take to get an answer? Or if someone will reply and say that they don't know?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know approximately how long it will take before this problem can be passed to another expert? I think it would be resolved by taking the TV and remote back to factory settings?

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 3 years ago.
It sounds like you've activated a "favourite" channel function on the TV.

I cannot find your manual but please look on your TV remote for a "fav" button or some such and press it.

Let me know how it goes

JustAnswer automatically sends a rating bar with my answer but only rate me if the problem is resolved otherwise please press the "reply to expert" tab and we will continue with the troubleshooting.