info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

My DMR EZ47V VHS - DVD recorder shows the letter D on the

My DMR EZ47V VHS - DVD recorder shows the letter 'D' on the front display panel and doesn't record picture on VHS cassettes but it does record sound on VHS cassettes and will play cassette sound but not picture from pre-recorded cassettes. The recording and playback on the DVD works OK.
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

What your describing are the video heads that are either dirty or (hopefully not)worn.
You should try a head cleaning cassette you can get one of those online <<click or even maplins or currys will stock these, another way and one I use personally is to get a brand new VHS tape thats not been used and run it through for 3 hours on play that will clean the heads too.

Let me know if you need more info
Please remember to rate the answer, thank you

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried running a brand new cassette as suggested and there seems to be a marginal change, but still no picture. I will be trying to get a proper cleaning kit over the next few days and I will let you know how I get on.

Terry G

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Terry

Yea it has to be a brand new tape with nothing ever recorded on however yes try the cleaning kit and let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony,

You will be pleased to know that your diagnosis was correct. I purchased a head cleaning kit from my local Maplin for about £5, cleaned the heads as instructed and my machine now works perfectly, both playing and recording sound and picture.

Many thanks.

Terry G

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Terry

Thats great news

Please can you rate the answer using the smiley\star box, rating positively is the only way I receive credit from the site.

Many Thanks
Anthony