Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

hi we have a luxor box that has top up tv channels on it but

Customer Question

hi we have a luxor box that has top up tv channels on it but everytime we try to look at the tv guide it says undefined and there are no channels to view we cannot record either
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

the reason for this is that top up tv has ceased operations. They went out of business and stopped broadcasting recently. Thus, there will be no more guide data or channels transmitted, and in most cases the boxes that used this service won't be able to authenticate the service to even play items that are already recorded on the dvr.

Nathan :

There is no reset or upgrade or any other step you can take to correct this, as it is a service related issue.

Nathan :

Depending on your box model, you *may* still be able to receive other freeview channels, though you may need to reprogram the box and direct it to look for the freeview guide data instead of top up guide info.

Nathan :

On most boxes, To receive the standard 8-day Freeview programme guide, press Menu on your dvr remote control and then select the following options:Settings
Change your box settings
Option 8 or 9 – TV guide type 8

Nathan :

To view the official TUT closure announcement, go here: http://www.topuptv.com/main/index.html

JACUSTOMER-dgkn94i0- :

wow that was a hefty ammount for the little info required

Nathan :

I'm sorry, I have no control whatsoever over the pricing for this site. Pricing is based on the urgency and level of detail you indicate when posting your question, and that is the amount you agree to pay for an answer; whether it is an hours long support session or a quick bit of info.

Nathan :

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. Please remember you are rating me personally, not this site, the pricing, luxor, or TUT.

I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, and have a good day,
Nathan