info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I have a Toshiba REGZA 32WLT8 TV ( Purchase approx 2005 ).

I have a Toshiba REGZA 32WLT8 TV ( Purchase approx 2005 ). Have no picture, sound OK,
We use an external Freeview Box, the display in this box is identical to the 'sound' on the TV, TV remote also active to change stations & sound, but no picture on screen at all ! Repluged aerial, scart leads & other leads. Any ideas please ?
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu appear or not please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Menu does not appear on the screen. The screen has a faint 'active' glow but nothing else

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mark

The backlight is lit but im afraid if you have no menu its very likely to be a bad panel (screen)LCD panel failure is very common im afraid and symptoms like this are not unusual.
A brief explaination....the sets own menu is generated by the set itself and is not subject to any decoding it just comes out of a generator chip that must be working straight to the LCD panel via the LVDS lead and tcon board, now their may be a slight chance of tcon board failure but usually with a black screen like this its the panel itself.

I am sorry I dont have better news
Let me know if you need more info

I know its not what you want to hear however for me to receive credit from the site for the answer will mean you rating it positively ., thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open if you need to ask more questions

Many Thanks
Anthony