Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Kindly advise how can I reprogram my TV KDL-40HX803. The remote

Kindly advise how can I reprogram my TV KDL-40HX803. The remote control is not working and I cannot input the numbers for the password XXXXX
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX can assist you. As you have discovered, you really need a remote to access most of the Tv's functions. The first thing I would suggest is to figure out if your Tv is not responding to the remote's signal or if your remote is not even sending a signal.

It's actually pretty easy to test if the remote is sending a signal. All you need is a camera or camera phone. Point the tip of your remote into the lens of the camera, as if you were taking a picture of the tip of the remote. Now look at your camera's screen and start pressing buttons on the remote. You should see a blinking/flashing white light coming from the tip of the remote. That is the remote sending a signal. If you do not see any while flashing light on your camera screen then the remote is indeed not working. If that is the case then your best course of action is to purchase a new remote. You can go to your local store and get a universal remote but you will have to program it with a code to work with your Tv. Or you can buy an original Sony remote that will not require any programming, it will just work-

click here to buy original Sony Tv remote

Now, if you actually do determine that your remote is sending a signal then there is actually a problem inside your Tv that will likely require a Tv repairman. If you have previous experience with DIY electronics repairs then we can actually help you here, so reply here if you want to attempt that.

Hopefully this is just an issue with your remote, in which case a replacement is your best bet. Please understand that I am here to give you honest and complete information. At least you are now informed of your options and you did not have to waste time and money on a repair shop.

If you need more assistance then REPLY here otherwise please take a moment to leave a positive rating now. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Please remember I am here to provide you with excellent service so if you need more help then REPLY here.

Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike, I cannot see any white flashing when test with a camera I will check with a SONY outlet tomorrow and will let you know result. At any rate thanks for your input.

Issa

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Ok. A new remote should be all you need
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike Thank you and I have used my neighbor's remote and it works. so you are correct in stating it would be the remote. I will visit A Sony outlet and try to have a new remote as the TV is still under warranty.

Thank you and kind regards.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 years ago.
Excellent! Have a great day.