carlday1
carlday1, Technician
Experience:  Self Employed TV Engineer
69505510

Im trying to set up my Sony 3D tv with sky 3D. On sky 3D channel

I'm trying to set up my Sony 3D tv with sky 3D. On sky 3D channel I get 2 identical split screens. Going into my Sony 3D setup I see 3D display OFf (which I can't change) and Auto 3D which is ON. Help!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- Can you please get the model number written on back or side of TV?

This info will help to assist you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sony KDL - 40HX853

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the model info.

- Is it first time you are getting 3D vision in this TV or it was working fine before, for example with BD player etc?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is the first time. My contract with SKY has just recently given me the 3D channel as an extra bonus so i was just trying to set it up

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately TV manual doesn't show menu settings options and I can't recall my memory to assist you correctly.
Please allow me to open this question for other online expert's input having better memory or similar TV nearby.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not so good shahid!

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry for that, since TV isn't front of me nor menu options list available for this particular model that made it difficult to proceed, I hope another expert would take this question soon to assist you.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

HI, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

I think you are nearly setup because you have to pictures split screen.

Please could you try this

1. Using the Sky remote, press the sky button.

2. Type in 170 to go to the Sky 3D channel. You should now see two images. This is called "side-by-side" mode.

3. Switch on your 3D glasses and put them on.

4. Using the Sony tv remote, press the 3D button.

5. You should now be able to see Sky 3D.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

simple but sadly no. I have split screen on sky 170 . when I press 3D on the Sony remote I get ' Feature not available' I am pretty sure the tv is 3d compatibile, ie, a 3d button on the sony remote. nothing is ever easy!

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Could you try this for me.

1. Press ‘Options’ on your TV remote control, and select ‘3D Menu’

2. Select ‘3D Display’ and then ‘On’

3. Scroll down to ‘3D Format’ and select ‘Side‐by‐Side’

4. Push the ‘Return’ button on your remote control.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I have said before, when I go into TV 3d options I cannot swich the 3D option to on. there is no 3D format option . There is a 3D display mode option. Auto 3D setting is ON. 3D signal Notification is on.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
Could you turn the auto 3d off. Then try setting the tv manually
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think I will just forget it. Not only is the 3D not right, my normal sky TV is now giving me pictures and sound which are out of sync!!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

switched auto off but not sure what you mean by setting the tv up manually. How do I get my pictures and sound back in sync. I have switched everything off and on but that did not return things to normal. I wish I hadn't started this!

Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry for delay was driving.

Sky does not have a facility to set you tv into the correct mode for watching 3d, I was hoping turning the Auto 3d off and following these instructions would have set-up the tv picture correctly.

2. Select ‘3D Display’ and then ‘On’

I am unsure as to why the sound and picture are now out of sync. Can you turn the sky box off and the tv. Then turn the tv back on and then the sky box.
carlday1, Technician
Experience: Self Employed TV Engineer