Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic DMR BD 780 -which has worked well until

I have a Panasonic DMR BD 780 -which has worked well until now. It refuses to set when I try and use the guide -although it still works if I do it manually. This is a problem if I wish to record a series! What happens is I click on the programme -it moves to the next screen to pick record one or recorde series, and then just goes to black and back to whatever channel selected.
Advice please.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

This issue may be caused by a problem with the EPG information -

to get around this, try removing the aerial and retuning the box with the aerial removed - this will result in the loss of all channels.

Then power off the box and connect the aerial and retune the box again.

When it retunes, it will load the new EPG information and you should be able to set automatic recordings again.