Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

(I HAVE A DIGIHOME DG250DTRA08) I GET A MESSAGE SAYING NO

(I HAVE A DIGIHOME DG250DTRA08)
I GET A MESSAGE SAYING NO GUIDE DATA AVAILABLE
NO SYNOPSIS AVAILBLE.
PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME.
LES.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.
My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

Are you using the Top Up Tv service?

Customer:

Thank you for your email

Customer:

No i am not using the Top Up Tv service

Nathan :

Thanks for the info,

Nathan :

most people using this model were getting signal from top up tv, which recently discontinued their service, which is why I asked.

Nathan :

If you're sure you aren't using a top up box, then the other possibilities would be a memory/firmware problem with the box, an internal hardware failure (faulty tuner) or an external problem (bad cable, loose connection, damaged aerial).

Nathan :

Start by trying to reset the box, by unplugging power at the mains for 60+ seconds.

Nathan :

Let me know if that helps, if not, the next step would be to try updating the firmware

Customer:

LES

Customer:

HAVE TRYED UNPLUGING THE BOX FOR ABOUT 15 MINS, BUT STILL THE SAME HAPPEND.

Nathan :

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you certain of your model number though? As this unit worked through top up tv only, to my knowledge. I've researched further to confirm and have found no information to the contrary, which would explain the issue, as I mentioned earlier - TUT has stopped broadcasting, meaning there will be no more guide data or updates to this box.

Nathan :

There honestly is nothing else you can do at this point to update the box further, it is such an old model that no firmware updates have been released for years, and digihome discontinued support of this model long ago.

Nathan :

There is no reset or upgrade or any other step you can take to correct this, as it is a service related issue.

Depending on your box model, you *may* still be able to receive other freeview channels, though you may need to reprogram the box and direct it to look for the freeview guide data instead of top up guide info.

On most boxes, To receive the standard 8-day Freeview programme guide, press Menu on your dvr remote control and then select the following options:Settings
Change your box settings
Option 8 or 9 – TV guide type 8

Note that this can vary among boxes of even the same model, depending on the firmware you have on your particular box, so I apologize I cannot be more specific.

To view the official TUT closure announcement, go here: http://www.topuptv.com/main/index.html

Nathan :

Beyond these steps, there is no other "fix", it would be time to replace the box with a new freeview or sky box.

Customer:

HI NATHAN

Customer:

I HAVE CHANGE MY BOX SETTING TO 8-DAYS AS YOU HAVE SAID A BOVE AT LEST I CAN READ WHAT IS ON OVER THE NEXT 8-DAYS,SO I WHOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP AND FOR BEING SO PROMP IN YOUR REPLY.

Customer:

SO I HOPE YOU HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Customer:

ONCE A GAIN THANK YOU

Customer:

REGARDS LESLIE.