info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Gentle hit the screen of our Panasonic tv model type is tx-p50st30b

Customer Question

Gentle hit the screen of our Panasonic tv model type is tx-p50st30b -green light comes on initially and then clicks to red but all that happens is the red light keeps on flashing.

Can you help please

Allen Chaplin
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Gentle hit the screen of our Panasonic tv

Allen has the display been hit?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony

By display do you mean the screen, if so the answer is yes, no damage has been done though just tapped the screen and then the tv went off

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Additionally I will need to know how many times the red blinking light blinks between pauses please like 4 blinks pause 4 blinks as an example?

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

tx-p50st30b

7 blinks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Allen

I'm not sure if the panel (screen)has been damaged its possible, the 7 blinks usually means the scan boards have failed within the set however if your sure it hasnt been hit hard then I would say you have failed scan boards and the panel is OK, you do have to hit a plasma quite hard to damage it as its covered by a glass shield, just to add when the scan boards fail they make a pop so Im not sure if thats what you heard?

So it will mean considerable checking within the set with a meter to confirm scan board failure are you looking to attempt repairs yourself or are you looking for cost of repairs?

Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was definitely no pop so it doesn't sound like the scan boards have failed then, any other suggestions

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Allen

We have had some throw up spurious errors so please take all the inputs out of the back of the set switch the set off for 30 mins then try the set again with all inputs still out its my belief though>>>

7 blinks is indicative of failed scan boards because you never heard a pop doesnt mean they havent failed, that error code MEANS failed scan boards to help the tech with diagnosis what needs to be done is checks to be made with a meter to confirm the failure

I just double checked with the service manual and I am correct

I am sorry this isnt anything easier

If you think you can carry out work yourself please let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In that case what is the charge as we tried the procedure above and is hasn't changed anything - thanks

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Allen

How old is the set now please ?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

18 months

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Allen

OK the first thing you should do if the set has no warranty (12 months expired)is contact panasonic, contact a panasonic service agent by using the panasonic uk site,the service agent may get this done for you under warranty if they cant do that email panasonic customer services and complain they may supply the parts and you may have to pay labour OR they may do both for you, its option 1 anyhow .
Again hopefully the panel isnt damaged

Because of the age of the set only a panasonic agent can carry out the work they may discount you but price could be £200+

Sorry this isnt anything easier hopefully panasonic help you

Please let me know if you need more info

Please dont forget to rate the answer, thank you, once again sorry for poor news

Many Thanks
Anthony