Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Experience:  20+ yrs. of experience in TV repair, TV production and engineering as owner of TV service center.
34633555

What,s the cheapest method of getting Sky TV on a moving boat

Customer Question

What,s the cheapest method of getting Sky TV on a moving boat in Corfu if any as they have now changed the satellite from ASTRA 2. I have a Tracavision system G6 with a Sky box and used to get most of the Sky channels apart from BBC ITV etc.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony F. replied 3 years ago.

Anthony F. :

The cheapest units I could find that would track on a moving object are here

Anthony F. :

There is a difference between auto alignment devices and autoTRACK devices

Anthony F. :

Good Luck

JACUSTOMER-pl3cmjca- :

Hi Anthony

JACUSTOMER-pl3cmjca- :

Hi Anthony,All the units listed are not as good as the Tracavision G6 I already have. The problem is that the old Astra satellite is now switched off and Sky has now been re-located to a different satellite which the G6 can't locate. The previous footprint was only just covering Corfu anyway but now I think the new one is maybe not even doing that. I was asking whether there is another method of receiving Sky on my boat.

Anthony F. :

if the sat footprint does not cover your area there is nothing you can do

Anthony F. :

you can check that here