Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hello I have a Sanyo PLV Z1 projector that has recently

Customer Question

I have a Sanyo PLV Z1 projector that has recently had an issue with the colour green taking up most of the screens colours or at least anything resembling blue, I gather it may be something to do with the LCD. Please can someone advise me how I can fix this?

Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to answer your projector question.

Inside the LCD projector there are mirrors that separate out the red, green, and blue components of light, delivering each colour to a specific LCD panel.

If blue parts of the projected image are appearing greenish, then the problem is likely with the blue LCD panel. These can burn out over time from the heat of the lamp.

Spare parts can be difficult to come by for this projector - you can either cannibalise parts from an old projector (perhaps obtained from eBay), or contact Sanyo to see if they still have spare LCD panels available.

You will need to try replacing the blue LCD panel and then fine-tune it to get the blue channel in focus again and lined up perfectly with the red and green channels. The alignment has to be done with the projector running, by loosening and tightening the screws that hold in the panel and nudging it around.