Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of TV and Electronics Experience.
27991594

Does the Samsung UE22F5400 slim smart TV have freeview? Just

Customer Question

Does the Samsung UE22F5400 slim smart TV have freeview? Just bought one and product description said it did but nothing on the box says it has?.
Category: TV
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

I just double checked and your TV does include HD Freeview with over 50 Standard Channels and 4 HD Channels such as ITV HD, BBC One HD, BBC HD and 4 HD. You'll need an Ariel Antenna to receive them though. Freeview by definition is over the air broadcasts.

I hope this helps.

Happy Holidays!
~Carl L

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carl
Gave it another go and this TV does not have built in freeview.
Set up another model the other week in the bedroom with no aerial just broadband and straight away it found 40 plus pre loaded freeview channels.
So agree whilst Samsung claim it has I now know it does not thanks anyway I will return this to shop and buy one that does have.
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi Kieth,

I just checked with two different sources that currently sell this model and both confirm in their specs that it has a HD Freeview Tuner which means that it requires a Ariel Antenna whereas your other model maybe different. I even checked the manual just to be sure. Freeview by definition is over the air not broadband which has a different terminology.
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
I'm just checking in to see if there is anything more that I can help you with.

I also ask that you select a Smiley Face above to show that I have helped you.

Thanks,
Carl L