MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

I selected menu on my television set and the options, picture,

Customer Question

I selected menu on my television set and the options, picture, sound, settings, install and tune, channel list, media browser, showed.
I could not locate anything saying video source in any of these options. I do have two dvd`s, one a normal standard dvd which is working and giving a picture, and my blu-ray dvd which is not.
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 years ago.
Thanks,
What happened if you unplug the working DVD, and plug the Blu ray into that port, I assume its connecting via HDMI?
Please let me know.
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It does not. I bought my old dvd player some six years ago. The only connection that I can see between the two is an coaxial (?) but even these two connections are different to each other.

Thanks for your patience Scott,

Well that service is currently unavailable:-(

Sorry.

But may I have the full model of the TV and the new Blu ray player?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes fine, I feel a bit embarrassed, but yes my home number is XXXXX or my mobile, XXXXXXXXXXX Calling me on my mobile would be more convenient, otherwise I am going have to keep on putting the phone and going in and out of the other room. Would that be okay.

Scott.

Hi Scott, they wont let me do this right now as their system is down fro repairs or upgrades.
But pets try something.
Are both DVDs hooked up to the same TV?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They can be, but right now, no they are not.

Ok Thanks Scott, to be sure, is this a new DVD you just purchased?
Also please let me know which one is connecting with coax and which is connecting via HDMI?
Is the new one HDMI?
Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, the new Blu-ray DVD IS 2-3 days old, and it says HDMI on the box.

The television is also HDMI. The new blu-ray says, `out coax`, with a socket somewhat like that of a Sony Walkman headphone, and the old DVD says coaxial, and has the same type of connection as mentioned above.

Thanks Scott,
Can you hook it up to the TV using only an HDMI cable, going from OUTPUT on the DVD to an input on the TV. Next you will need to select from your TV the port that you plugged into, example, the back of the TV will say HDMI 1 HDMI 2 etc.
Once you select that and it should be in your menu on the TV if the DVD is turned on, you should see the image.
Also I asked you to try this as well.

Please while the DVD unit is on and connected in that way, scroll through your TV channels going down, pass 4, 3, 2 and keep going there may be a port set there to view the DVD payer.
Please let me know if that helps?
Tech Michael