Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

have sharp TV model number LC-32D44E-BK it will not come

Customer Question

have sharp TV model number LC-32D44E-BK it will not come on the red light turnes to green for about 5 seconds then goes back to red
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Have you ever had a service call to upgrade the firmware on this set from sharpserv or a similar company?

Let me know please
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Larry

These sets suffer from bad backlight connections within the set however it could also be bad firmware or a bad powerboard! so a bit of a one thing or another, so if you can get the set into service mode by doing this>>> have the set switched off from the wall hold down ON THE SET ITSELF Volume Minus and the Input then switch set on from wall (sometimes you do need to unlatch it from standby too)all the time holding down those buttons if the set does come on it will come on with a K in the corner of the screen let me know if it gets that far

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unfortunately I have to go out now. I will have to try tomorrow

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Thats OK this is all diagnostic work to help me understand whats happening thanks!

Anthony