Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I an stuck on Gold channel, and remote will not change to another

Customer Question

I an stuck on Gold channel, and remote will not change to another channel
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is Aric and I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV. I want to let you know that providing you with the best possible assistance I can is my main priority, and my livelihood depends on your feedback.

You're receiving your broadcasts through a Sky box connected to the TV, correct?

If so, have you tried unplugging the Sky box from power for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in to see if it resets and fixes the issue?

Please reply back and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We now have a constant "snow scene" and <7< in top left hand corner.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay, is all you did unplug the box, then plug it back in?

If so, did you allow the box time to reboot itself?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have now allowed the box time to reboot itself and we are still in the same position with snow scene and 7 on left hand side.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay I understand. It's possible that the TV's Input changed when you rebooted the Sky box. On the side of the TV itself, there is a TV/Video button. Please press this button and select each one of the INPUT options one at a time (TV,Video 1, Component, HDMI, etc.), until you see your Sky programming on the TV. If you run into problems simply reply back to me and I can help.