Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

Hello. Happy New Year. My Tatung 32 inch flat screen TV is

Customer Question

Hello. Happy New Year.
My Tatung 32 inch flat screen TV is working perfectly except that the screen has stopped showing a picture. I have a small TV connected to it by a cable in another room. The small TV continues to show a picture from the Tatung one.
One day before Christmas I switched off my Tatung TV with the remote. When I went to switch it on again about an hour later, there was no picture.
Please advise.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan T. replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to the site, and thanks for the question! I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help!

What's the full model number from the back of the TV? Does the screen have a faint glow if you turn it on, and look at it in a dark room?

Dan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model VR2E MRO

Serial number BPL 6303A0029

Manu: July 2006

My curtains/blind are not thick enough to check for total darkness yet, but I can tell you that when i click from SCART 1 to SCART 2 I can see the SCART written in white on the black screen. Also occasionally when I click the Scarts i get a brief glow of blue across the wqhole scrteen but it only lasts about half a second.

I can check about if there is any glow at all when it is darker outside. But I dont htink there is.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4.40 pm.

Hello. I have just checked with the room being dark. When I switch on with the Tatung remote in the dark, there is a slight "glow" that lasts about 1.5 seconds, during which time it flashes the word SCART in neon green at the top right. Then the sound comes on Channel 101 (BBC1) because that is the Channel that was playing its sound when I switched off.

The temporary "slight glow" seems slightly stronger towards the top left and is grey rather than having any colour. This glow is not visible if there is any other light source in the room.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you today.

Can you double check the model number for me? I'm not getting anything with the one provided.

Also, what do you have connected to the TV and what type of Cable are you using? Example: Cable Box using Scart.