Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Lic. and insured, 30 years experience.
59014109

We switched our tv off at the wall last night and could not

Customer Question

We switched our tv off at the wall last night and could not power it back on.. No lights are showing in the tv and I have checked the fuse at the plug? Model is TX-P50X50
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Make sure you have removed power from the TV for 20-30 minutes, otherwise the TV will not reset its microprocessor and reload the software that runs the TV.

Did you have any incoming storms or possible power outages that would explain the total loss of operation, including your power on/off lamp on your TV set?

That lamp not working does indicate loss of standby voltage or loss of the micro not scanning for a remote control signal. I would recommend trying the TV's power button after unplugging the power cord for 20-30 minutes so we know for sure the TV is damaged
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We will try this and get back to you in half hour thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This has not worked. We have put plug back in and nothing happens
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Ok, we are pretty much looking at the possibility the power supply standby voltage is dead, or the TV's main board isn't turning on the rest of the power supply to light up the plasma panel and develop sound.

What tools do you have available to you? Do you have a voltmeter, and possibly a digital camera?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok we can get a voltmeter tomorrow and the rest is available to us ie camera screwdrivers etc. Thank you for all your help so far. Will u still be able to help from tomorrow? If there is a time limit that the £22 will last we could go past work tonight to get volt meter?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
The way Just Answer works is this -- You offer £22, and it STAYS in YOUR ACCOUNT.

While we do our tests, Just Answer may nag you about other services, tell you your question hasn't been responded to in 24 hours, and just keep sending stuff to you.

My FIX...Simply SAVE this page in your web browser. When you're ready to contact me, you select that page, and you may have to sign in with your user name and password (I do ) and then respond when you're ready.

Your money will still be in YOUR ACCOUNT until you decide what you plan of doing with it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you very much we will get back to you tomorrow
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Ok, I'll see you tomorrow.