Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Can I have help to recover the synopsis and able to re cord

Customer Question

Can I have help to recover the synopsis and able to re cord on my digiholme television twin recorder model DG250DTRA08. I have tried leaving the box on over night or switching off at the mains hope you can help,I can still use it with the tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

the likely issue here is that this box was designed for use with the TUT (TopUpTV) service, which has recently ceased operations. As a result, the guide data (synopsis) and shows recorded from those channels are not going to function any longer.

Nathan :

Hopefully you'll be able to pick up some other guide data free over the air, with a settings adjustment on the box,

Nathan :

go to Menu - Settings - Change Your Box Settings - Option 8 - TV guide type 8 or 14 - select the 8 day option (the 14 day guide from TUT would have been the default, and no longer works)

Nathan :

Also, if you have not rescanned your box for channels lately you should do this to get the latest guide and channel line up.

Note: The last two of the scan sequence will not complete as these are looking for TUTV specific information that is no longer broadcast but the box will find all it needs to operate correctly.

Nathan :

Note also that when you change the setting from 14 to 8 it will require all user recording schedules to be reset too. The box will pick up the Freeview guide immediately and populate fully over a couple of hours.