Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of TV and Electronics Experience.
27991594

Hi, bought a Samsung UE39F5300 from Sainsburys yesterday and

Customer Question

Hi, bought a Samsung UE39F5300 from Sainsburys yesterday and it doesnt appear to have freeview built in as advertised. Also I can't seem to tune it in. Do I need to be attached to internet to use the tv? Thank you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is Carl and I will be assisting you today.

I just double checked and this model does have a Freeview Tuner in it. It requires an Ariel Antenna to be connected to the Coaxial ANT. Input on the TV. Once you have it connected, perform a channel scan to retrieve a list of available channels in your area.

If for some reason no channels were detected, the Antenna you're using isn't strong enough or you are in an area that does not receive strong enough signals.

The TV has has built in apps like Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, etc. These apps require an internet connection before they will work.