KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Technician
Experience:  10+ years experience in electronics
70193065

My Toshiba 402bv702b tv will today not switch on. The power

Customer Question

My Toshiba 402bv702b tv will today not switch on. The power light flashes red and green, turns green for about 10 seconds. Nothing is displayed in screen. The power light then turns red again.
Category: TV
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

JACUSTOMER-877m7fry- : 18 months
KevinWhiteJA :

was there a power surge ?

KevinWhiteJA :

power got cut off and then on again ?

JACUSTOMER-877m7fry- : No. Power has not gone off
KevinWhiteJA :

ok..the red light is flashing in a sequence or is it flashing continuously ?

JACUSTOMER-877m7fry- : Red light is on permanently. If I try to switch the tv on it flashes red and green, then turns steady green for about 10 seconds, then back to permanent red.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK...please unplug the unit and then plug it back after two minutes, turn it on and please count number of flashes & let me know

JACUSTOMER-877m7fry- : Ok. Unplugged and plugged back in. Power light flashed red/green 12 times before going permanent red.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK thanks the problem seems to be with the power board inside the unit...blinking light indicates a faulty condition with the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

if you are willing to carry out this repair yourself then you will have to take the back off the unit

KevinWhiteJA :

after this check all the connectors to the main board

JACUSTOMER-877m7fry- : No I'm not prepared to do that. I'll get someone in. Thanks for your help.
KevinWhiteJA :

try to unplug the connector on the left side

KevinWhiteJA :

You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help
with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you
with today ?

JACUSTOMER-877m7fry- : Connector on the left side of what?
KevinWhiteJA :

after you take the back off there are connectors inside the unit going to the main board...you can try to unplug the connector on the left of the main board...if you are not willing to do this yourself then you can contact Toshiba, usually these parts come under 2 years of warranty and sometimes just unplugging and plugging back the connectors solves the problem

KevinWhiteJA :

If you DIY skills are not good then I wont recommend doing this yourself

KevinWhiteJA :

but if you still want to do it yourself then let me know I will help you with it

KevinWhiteJA :

are we still connected ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Please kindly remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good when you are satisfied. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link.