info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Hi Rob I have a Hitachi LED TV. Recently it is taking quite

Customer Question

Hi Rob
I have a Hitachi LED TV. Recently it is taking quite a while to turn on. The green light goes on and off many times before the TV clicks on. When on picture, sound etc. is perfect. When it has been on for a few hours and I turn it off and on again works fine.
Appreciate your advice.

Anne
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

Sorry Rob is not available hopefully I can help you

I will need the full model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

The Model no of the Hitachi TV is L32H01U A.

Anne

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Anne

What you are describing is classic bad capacitors found on the powerboard

http://snag.gy/fgDWp.jpg here is what they look like

Basically whats required is that the back of the set will need to come off and a visual of the powerboard carried out looking for these devices leaking\ballooning up\raised domed tops when found ideally and most economically its best to replace them however another option is to replace the complete board, if you think you can do this work yourself please let me know I will provide more detailed information.

If not then an engineer will charge around £80 to carry out this work

Please let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Anthony

Thank you so much for your advice. I think it is probably worth trying a repair. Thanks again

Anne

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Anne

Thank You for the rating if at any time you wish to try and do this yourself please let me know

Yes it shouls be a straight forwards repair bad capacitors in modern flat panel TVs are very common

Thanks again
Anthony