Steven
Steven, Technician
Experience:  Licensed TV repair technician in the US with over 30 experience in the US.
59014109

Hi I have a brand new Toshiba 40L 1333DB LED Back light LCD

Customer Question

I have a brand new Toshiba 40L 1333DB LED Back light LCD TV and it has started turning itself off and won't come back on. The power light flashes red and green several times but no picture and i can't access the menu at all. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for asing your question, I understand that your TV shuts down and will not turn back on, does it shut down completely sound and picture? will it eventually turn back on after it is off for a short time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steven

I am just checking that you have received my response?

Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.
  • Im sorry I have not did you read my reply to your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did.

This is the second time the TV has done this but the first time it came back on straight away. This time it won't come back on so I am without picture and sound. The stand by light on the front of the set flicks green and red 3/4 times before settling on green when power up.

Please confirm receipt of this message.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.
Ok, the TV is shutting down this way because of a failed internal circuit, not something that can be reset. Unfortunately it is going to need repair. You said the TV is brand new correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, brand new.

Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.
Ok then depending on how old it is and what the dealer options are you are going to have to (1) either return to the dealer or (2) have it reapired by a Toshiba service center. Would you like the phone contacts for Toshiba? they will be able to set up warranty service for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you but I have the number and will contact the supplier in the morning. Looks like I will have to go to the pub instead of watching TV. Haha!

Thanks Steven.

Expert:  Steven replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I am sorry I could not be of more help, with a warranty unit you really don't want to do anything that will void the warranty. I will open the rating so can rate if you wish I just ask that you do not rate poorly but rather not rate at all. I can request a refund for you if you would like instead.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Steven

See if you can organise a refund please?