Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Hi my Samsung le40d503f7w has problem, ,, top half of the screen

Customer Question

Hi my Samsung le40d503f7w has problem, ,, top half of the screen has started to Flicker green,,, is there anyway to fix it
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Requested expert is currently offline.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About 2 yrs old,, it started on Saturday

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Neil for the reply.

- Does TV display normal picture after some time or top half of the screen keeps flicker?
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yesi have unpluged over night,,, it does not get any better after any length of time,,, I can still see through the green on the screen and the picture is behind it

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hi Neil,

Unfortunately, top half of the screen flicker is problem of display panel (screen) internal circuitry failure, sorry for this news.
Display panel (screen) will be replaced to resolve the issue but, unfortunately it is high cost part, approx 90% of TV price that makes it unfeasible and new TV would be better option at this point.
We can not repair or replace internal circuitry in display panel and entire panel will be replaced to resolve the issue.
I'm sorry, there is no easy or quick fix for this problem.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.