Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience:  13+ Years of TV and Electronics Experience.
27991594

Sharp digital recorder TU-TV502HNow and next The recorder

Customer Question

Sharp digital recorder TU-TV502HNow and next
The recorder freezes for no apparent reason and just fails to record programmes. Also the programme display indicating Now and Next is blank
Category: TV
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you and refund your deposit.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will wait for a while

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer, a Question and Answer Company. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

This particular recorder comes with a 500GB Hard Drive that when fails will cause these symptoms to happen. If you have had it for under a year, you are eligible for a free replacement and we do not need to continue. If you are outside of your warranty period, we can open up the Recorder and listen to the Hard Drive for any signs of malfunction such as clicking / Ticking, Grinding Sounds, or not life at all. If any of those symptoms are present, you will need to purchase a replacement 500GB Hard Drive, replace it, then format it. You'll be back in business after that.

Hope this helps. If you can spare a couple moments, please click on a Smiley Face below so that I am compensated for my time helping you today.

Thanks,
Carl L
Carl L, Technician
Experience: 13+ Years of TV and Electronics Experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how much would a new hard drive be and how difficult to replace?

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 years ago.
They're actually not that expensive. From personal experience, I would only recommend the brand Western Digital. They have the longest warranty (3 years) and they hardly ever go bad for about $5 more than competitors. You can pick one up at your local electronics store or online here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Western-Digital-500GB-Caviar-Blue-SATA-Internal-Hard-Drive-7200rpm-6GB-s-New-/310844234691?_trksid=p2054897.l4275.

Replacing it is also pretty simple from a consumer's standpoint. There's about 4 philips head screws that holds the hard drive to the frame then just a power and data cable that plugs into the drive. Remove the plugs and drive and reverse your steps to install the new one. You'll need to format the drive once its all done and you power on.