info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

Can only get TV on from wall switch cant get on with remote

Can only get TV on from wall switch cant get on with remote or TV switch
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model number VS11287-IE

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Carol

Could you please re-check that model number please found on the back of the TV I cant find any data for it

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the other number is XXXXX Or 1E Tv make viewsonic

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello Carol

OK I have that now
So what your saying is the set comes on when switched on from the wall the remote control wont switch it off the remote control otherwise works OK and you cant switch it off manually at the set itself is that correct?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Carol theirs a problem with the set that will mean taking the back off\ making checks with a meter\replacing a board if you\ someone you know can use a small tools and a meter then it may be possible for you to do work yourself with the set, let me know and I will help with more detailed information

If not then you will need an engineer who could charge around £100 for this work

I am sorry this isnt anything easier

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony