MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
11519491

codes required for one-for-all urc 7960 to control SAMSUNG

codes required for one-for-all urc 7960 to control SAMSUNG UE22F5410 TV and Humax FOXSAT-HD
Category: TV
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Do you have the user manual for the remote?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I have no manua
Hi, thank you,
Below is the link for that manual, please let me know if you have any trouble programming the remote, I will be here But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael Here is your link:
file:///home/chronos/user/Downloads/user-manual-ONE%20FOR%20ALL-URC-7960-E.pdf

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I downloaded the handbook. Their information seems to assume the set top box operates with one source of channels to be controlled by URC.I have two sources, FTA andFreesat. I can program the URC to control the FTA channels and the Freesat channels.However, i cannot use the URC to move from a FTA channels Freesat channels and vise-versa. I have to select Tv, then press AV, this produces options to select the device required. Having selected the required device a list of available FreeSat channels appears on screen. To get rid of the FreeSat listing, I have to press Stb. The last channel viewed then appears on screen and can be changed by using up/down key.At this point a problem arises with volumn control. There is no problem with increasing volumn. However when I try to reduce volumn I just change the the radio channel rather than recover the satellite channel .Looking forward to your reply.

Hi yes that can happen, its not a defect or a fault, it sounds like the wrong code.
Sometimes the unit will perform ok with a different code but misses some of the functions that way.
Please try a new code or try programming it once more;-)
Tech Mike, please rate kindly so I can set up free follow ups for you, this way your question wont close or time out and you can stay in touch until this is solved.
Tech Michael
r
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

''Try a new code'' -what device are you referring to-the TV or Humax sat receiver?

Has the sound/ volumn to be re-set?

hi it would be a good idea to reset everything, but I was referring to the remote.
Did that remote come with the system?
Or is it an aftermarket one?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The remote was bought separately to control TV, Sat Box, Blue-ray,& DVD. I have already reset the URC to factory settings

Thank you for that.
The question, just to be sure is do you need the manual for the remote?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ihave downloaded the manual. I cannot get over the problem of changing from FTA to FreeSat and vice versa. The URC appears to be a high end product from OneForAll. I repeat i can access all channels on FTA and FreeSat -it's the switching from service to the other the other that bugs me.

Also i need to know if the volume can be controlled by the URC & how to achieve it

Hi I understand now. Yes that is an issue and this is common with all remotes for this Even on cable systems.
the best and only way I have found to handle this is to have an original remote for that.
I know as we all do its nice to have only one remote that will do it all but it just doesn't work because of incompatibility issues.
It sucks but its just the way it is, there is nothing wrong with anything you have it just will require two remotes. You could check Radio Shack and they do have some that will do this but they are a bit expensive. I have a place where you can get the original remote if you want that?
Please let me know but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
Tech Mike
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience: I have been a TV repair and electronics expert for over 30 years.
y