Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

How do I get clearer speech on my Samsung TV?

Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Some of these micro speakers just can't deliver good sound on certain models. Depending, speakers that fire their audio DOWN instead of out the FRONT of the TV set will suffer volume and muffled sound issues. These downfiring speakers expected a hard surface below them to reflect the sound out towards the customer.

Wall hung TVs and TVs sitting on a cloth under the TV stand seem to have the worst audio quality. I don't know if this applies to your situation, but if it does, let me know.

Also, it would be nice to know the model number of your TV set. In most cases, you'll find your TV's model number here --

http://imgur.com/0lL6mCI

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

MODEL NO

LE

32A457CID

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
TAKING TOO LONG
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a different Expert.

Please reply to these questions in FULL.

Where is the TV mounted- on a wall, on a stand, in a cabinet, etc.?

The speakers are rear firing, and unless mounted with a lot of open space behind the TV that can project to your ears, the sound quality is generally terrible.

Also, how do you receive your broadcasts on the set (Sat Box, Cable Box, direct Aerial from the wall to the TV, etc.)?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TV on Stand

Plenty of space behind

Sat Box

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply.

Have you gone into the Samsung's MENU, under Audio and tried any of the other options in there to adjust the sound?

If not, check all settings in the Audio MENU, including anything relating to "Equalizer".

If so, then you're simply not going to get good sound from the TV speakers, and I would suggest an outboard powered Soundbar, which is what most customers with this set end up using, due to the limitations of the thin mount speakers.

The unit at the link below would work, by bypassing the TV's built in speakers and amplifier, and would connect to the Audio Out (or Digital Audio Out), on the back of the TV:

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/roth-sub-zero-soundbar?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CMDg0NnT7LwCFS1nOgodS2cAwg

If you need further assistance, then please press "Reply to Expert". Otherwise, please take a moment to RATE my service as Positive. Subscription is not required and your question does not close when you rate. You are rating my advice and information NOT how this site works or how your device functions (note that a negative rating does not issue a refund).

Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company