info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

continual flashing on screen (sound not affected) centre

continual 'flashing' on screen (sound not affected) centre portion of screen not appearing (fine coloured lines)
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the full model number please found on the back of the back of the set?

Let me know please

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model No: UE22D 5010NWXXU Version 01

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sylvia

OK when you press the menu button of the sets own remote control can you see this bad effect over the menu display please?

How old is the set please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, whole screen 'flashing' with 'shaped chunk' centre of screen missing (very fine coloured lines) TV - approx. 3 years old

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sylvia

That sounds like a damaged panel (physically) or the panel may have failed on its own, sylvia thats bad news as its not an option to replace the panel due to the cost to do so.

I am sorry for this very poor news, if you like you could upload a photo using the paperclip on your toolbar or a free photosite like www.imgur.com and send me the link to it

I am 95% certain though this is a bad LCD panel

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX will remain open and stay open as long as you need it.If you have any concerns please dont rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there any way We could stop the 'flashing'? whilst we research a replacement.

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sylvia

Not if the panel is damaged
If you can please upload a photo via the paperclip on your toolbar or a freephotosite I will have a look just to see if theirs anything that can be done?

Anthony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for info re paperclip photo It 's kind of you to offer - but won't be in a position to do anything for a few days, hopefully at the end of the week

Expert:  info tech replied 3 years ago.

Thats no problem just come back here when ready

Anthony