Pete
Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

How can I attach a Digital recorder/DVD?

Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,

What is the make and model number of both the Digital Recorder/DVD and the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Pete

Digital Recorder is SONY HDMI DVB RDR-HXD870

TV is Panasonic HDMI TX-32LXD85

Tim

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,

To attach the Sony RDR-HXD870 Digital Recorder to the Panasonic TX-32LXD85, you can use a HDMI cable, and ensure the correct input source is selected on the TV.

If you have other deviecs as well (e.g. a YouView box) then these will need to be connected as separate input sources.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pete

I understand and have done this. The BT line is on HDM 1 and the DR on HDM 2. But when I click on the AV option (in TV mode not BT TV)

the option for the DVD does not bring it up on screen. We need to be able to use the DVD recorder and I am truly stuck.

Tim

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,
The reocrder box may not be set to DVD.
To turn on the DVD part of the box, press DVD at the top of the remote control (beside the power button).
Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It doesn't that is the point. Even when boosted by a scart connection. Is there another piece of kit that might help attach a more simple DVD player? Something provided by BT perhaps that is more compatible?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
If you have a Scart connection fitted to the Sony box as well, then it may override the HDMI connection and result in no signal being sent. Only one type of cable should be used - Scart or HDMI. Using both will not 'boost' the signal. With the Sony box connected using only one cable, go through all of the available inputs on the TV and let me know if any of them display the DVD picture.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have at last managed to get the recorder recognised in normal TV mode. Cannot raise it from the BT stream though. And can only get the BT stream back by disconnecting and reconnecting the feed. Not a huge problem as we only watch the occasional DVD

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tim,
You could use a switcher to swap between the DVD and BT box to automatically switch between the two input sources:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1087448.htm

Best,
Pete.