Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I want to stream amazon prime videos from my pc to my tv I

I want to stream amazon prime video's from my pc to my tv I have a tx-50 vt30 ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you.

How exactly are you trying to get the signal from your PC to the TV?

As this is not a Smart TV, it does not have internet connectivity from what I can see.

Also, what type of video outputs do you have on your PC?

Please reply back with details and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Aric my pc is connected by wireless to my tv btw it is an internet tv

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
How exactly is the PC connected by wireless to the TV, I'm not sure I follow.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a dongle plugged into the tv btw it came with the tv

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay, the dongle is to allow the TV to connect wirelessly to your network, but doesn't allow the content on your PC to display on the TV.

So there needs to actually be a connection directly from the PC to the TV, to allow the TV to display as a monitor.

Panasonic does not have an App to display wirelessly, the content on your computer. You're simply able to be on the network, but this is different.

So, in order for you to be able to display Amazon Prime on the TV directly from the PC, we need to connect the PC to the TV. What type of video outputs are available on the PC please?

The only other way to do this would be through a Roku or Apple TV box.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is an ethernet socket on the back of the tv

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
That isn't going to connect to your PC, and is not what I am asking.

Your PC either has an HDMI, or a VGA output for it's video. Look on the back of the PC for this connection, and tell me what you have. This is the way we'll need to connect the TV to the PC.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh sorry yes it's connected to my video recorder via a hdmi cord

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Your PC is connected to your video recorder with an HDMI cord?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No my tv is connected to a dvd player via hdmi so your telling me i need to connect my pc to my tv via a hdmi cord ?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
What I have been asking you, several times now, is to check the PC and tell me what type of video output it has available. It is either HDMI or VGA. VGA is a 15 pin type of connector.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My pc has hdmi

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Excellent! That is what we needed to know. What you would need to do is connect an HDMI cable from the PC to the TV, then select that Input on the TV. Additionally, in the PC's settings, you will want to go to devices, then connect to a projector/external monitor and turn this function ON to get the TV to display the video from the laptop. This is how you'll be able to view all content that streams on your PC, to the TV. If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied please do not forget to rate my service accordingly.