Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

i have an LG47860W TV, it is two months old. Today for the

i have an LG47860W TV, it is two months old. Today for the first time, the tv switches off after 30 seconds. Restarts itself after 10 seconds then shuts down etc etc
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your TV. I want to let you know that providing you with the best possible assistance I can is my main priority, and my livelihood depends on your feedback.

When the set shuts itself off, does the power light turn red and begin blinking?

Or are you simply losing picture on the set, but the set stays on?

Additionally, was this set purchased brand new from an authorized retailer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Set was purchased brand new from authorised retailer. The LG Logo on the front of the tv goes out, picture fades out. After 20 seconds or so it restarts itself, stays on for 30 seconds or so. I have also tried connecting to another mains outlet, same result.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. So you're saying the TV itself shuts completely off if I understand correctly? If not, can you please tell me the status of the power light on the set?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes its shuts off. The light goes out just like it would if you turned it off. Could the power supply be faulty in this new tv ? or is it a " setting " problem ?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. That's why I was asking. If the picture simply cut out, then it could be as simple as an HDMI connection problem, as the cables are digital and lose their handshake frequently. If the set is actually shutting completely off however, and there's no Timer countdown on the screen- then it's not a setting issue, it's a hardware failure. Unfortunately, as you've surmised there's a fault in this brand new TV, which could be, but is not isolated to the power supply. It could be a faulty turn on/off command by the Mainboard, or an intermittent short in the T-Con or Inverter. In any case, it's not something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments as it's simply not normal operation for the set. You would want to contact the retailer at this point and inquire as to return options (most shops I am familiar with will only honor a trade in up to 30 days from the date of purchase), or if you'll need to send the set to LG, or have an LG tech come in home to diagnose and make the repair. I wish I had better news, and a quick fix for this, but the set is not performing in line with it's normal operation.

If you need further assistance let me know and once satisfied with my service, please kindly rate me accordingly.