Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung LE32C530F1W tv, no power, if i disconnect

I have a samsung LE32C530F1W tv, no power, if i disconnect the ribbon from the psu the back light starts up, can you help
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with this TV.

Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.

- How old is the TV and long it have had this problem?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tv 3 years old, problem appeared a few weeks ago, power supply comes out of stand by when ribbon cable between psu and main board is disconnected, allowing th back light to start up.

No stand by led at all, no response from r/c/u or touch buttons.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks David for the info.

Unfortunately this kind of problem occurs due to main processor chip failure which is mounted on main board, sorry for this news.
main board replacement would resolve the problem as power supply board seems working when harness disconnected coming from main board, it is an easy test that we do in repair shops to narrow down the issue.

Required main board would be available around 40 to 60 Pounds, you need to get the part number written on sticker pasted on main board in TV to search/ google it for price and stock info to order the replacement main board.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.