Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a p32lcd12 tv and we want to hook an amp up to it and

I have a p32lcd12 tv and we want to hook an amp up to it and run the sound through speakers, we can't find an output plug though. How do we get it to work?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

can you tell me what sources you're using (cable/satellite box, dvd, aerial or basic cable, etc)?

Nathan :

Can you also tell me what amp you are trying to use. I ask because this tv (like most flatscreens) has no accommodations for an analog output. It does have a digital (fiber optic) output, which you can use with many a/v receivers. If your amp is older or analog only, I can help you with finding a converter box that will allow the tv to output sound to the amp.

Nathan :

Alternatively, if you're using an external source, like a cable box, you can connect the audio outputs of it direct to the sound system, bypassing the tv (keeping the existing connection to tv for video only)

Customer: It's an old amp so analog, if it could be run through the TV that would be good.
Customer:

The amp is a audio innovation, (my dad thinks it's called an alpha). A converter box would be great.

Customer:

We have a DVD player, Xbox 360, Virgin media box...I want to be able to use the speakers and amp through the tv for television and dvd's.

Nathan :

Okay, what you'd want to do is connect everything to the tv direct, preferably via hdmi

Nathan :

Then you'll run an optical cable from the Digital Audio Out port (fiber optic/toslink), which should be right next to the VGA (pc) port on the back of the tv.

Nathan :

You'd connect that to a converter like the one I linked to above, then red/white rca stereo cables out from the converter to an available input on your amplifier.

Customer:

Thanks!