Aric
Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

my tv screen just says no signal

Customer Question

my tv screen just says no signal
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the question.

What is the model number off of the back of the TV please?

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

What is connected to the TV for devices (Sky Box, direct aerial from wall to TV, DVD, etc.), and do you get no signal regardless of which Input/Source you select using the Sanyo remote?

Please postback with details and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The model number cannot be read as it is obscured by the wall attachment.

The set is 21" and 4 years old and the problem started about a week ago

There is a Skye box attachment and there is no signal from any source using the Sanyo remote I
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay so you've actually tried toggling through all of the Input choices using the Sanyo remote?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, yes I have tried every button on the remote

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Okay, there's only one button on the original TV remote that changes your Inputs, and that is the Input button. Please cycle through each one of the Inputs one at a time, and let me know what each one shows on your screen please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is no button on my remote that says Input. Whatever button I press makes no difference it just says no signal

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

Okay, on the original Sanyo remote, is a button that changes the Input the TV receives its signal from. This button is either labeled Input, Source, AV, or Video. There are multiple options when you press this button. For example, TV, Video 1, Component, HDMI, etc. Locate this button and repeatedly press it effectively toggling through all of the Input choices. Each one will show a different Input on the screen. Let me know what you see after each press of the button labeled Input, Source, AV, or Video.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only have a "scource" button on my remote it is not the original one. The only message that comes up is P2 MONO 16:9

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
So you don't have the original remote? Okay, this makes things hard.

Without knowing the model of your TV, and without the original remote, I can only suggest so much.

Please try to reboot your Sky box by disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds, and during this time, disconnect and reconnect the cable(s) attaching it to the TV making sure it is secure.

Let me know what happens please.
Aric, Technician
Experience: 15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not sure you received my answer, i did as you asked but the message is the same. Can you do any more to help?

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
On the TV itself, not the remote, please look on the sides, top and bottom for a button labeled Source, and repeatedly press that waiting 2 seconds between each press to see if one setting will bring back your picture.

If not, then can you tell me what type of cable is connecting your Sky box to the TV?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is a row of buttons unlabeled and I tried them all, no result. It is a scart cable with the name wireist on it

Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.

You will need to be diligent, and also descriptive. One of those buttons (and they are always labeled with something next to the button), changes your Input. I am not there to see what the buttons say, the screen says after each button press, nor do I know the model number off of the back of the TV. Protocol to set the TV input is the same universally. I just need more detail from you than is normal because we have no information about the TV. However, you need to select that Scart Input on the TV.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay, but needed a few hours sleep. You seem to achieved the impossible the set is working!!!

Aric, thank you for your persistence it is much appreciated and I would like to give a £10 bonus but I don't know how

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
since my last reply the signal has been lost again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have identified the AV button, the others refer to menu and channels. I have pressed the AV button but nothing comes up on the screen except no signal

As I said in my previous message the signal has come back twice but only for about 20 seconds
Expert:  Aric replied 3 years ago.
Then this issue is either caused by a bad sky box, scary cable or the TV itself has a fault. Are you saying that the TV changes input on its own?