Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Authorized Samsung Partner, 8 years CE support experience
63083622

unable to adjust picture with remote

Customer Question

unable to adjust picture with remote
Category: TV
Expert:  HamidAhmadi replied 2 years ago.

Engineer Hamid :

Hello , my name isXXXXX have 13 years of hands-on repair with computers. I will be happy to help you.

Can you give me more information please , what monitor brand and model do you have? Also are you looking to adjust the brightness only or resolutions too ?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

samsung le3757pef brightness terrible picture

Engineer Hamid :

Ok thank you for your reply

What type of cable are you using to connect to your PC? Is the head of the cable , white , blue or gold plated (HDMI)>

Engineer Hamid :

?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

have you received my reply

Engineer Hamid :

Yes I received it was samsung le3757pef brightness terrible picture

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

model le37a557pef samsung

Engineer Hamid :

I have received a 'Bad Service' we have yet to go through this problem. Please bear with me as this deters experts from answering your question.

Engineer Hamid :

How long have you had this brightness problem for ?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

i have not received any information

Engineer Hamid :

Please view the chat above I have sent out four messages prior to your message.

Engineer Hamid :

I will repeat the first one ,

What type of cable are you using to connect to your PC? Is the head of the cable , white , blue or gold plated (HDMI)?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

gold plated

Engineer Hamid :

Ok

Engineer Hamid :

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

two weeks

Engineer Hamid :

Have you tried unplugging the gold plated cable from your PC and put back in again?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

yes

Engineer Hamid :

Please tell me what message you get when you try adjusting the brightness/contrast from the monitor? Or does it not restrict you from changing it i.e greyed out box ?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

what has this problem got to do with my pc it the t v remote that doesnt respond

Engineer Hamid :

The brightness that is outputted from the device is what my main concern is. Is this monitor connected to the Television or Computer?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

no

Engineer Hamid :

Is this monitor used for the Television or Computer?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

what monitor

Engineer Hamid :

le37a557pef samsung

Engineer Hamid :

You have come through to the Computer section of JustAnswer. I am thinking this may be more of a TV situation that the category can be changed to. Hence why I am asking if you are using this for the computer or TV.

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

please advise why you have debited my account for 2 payments of £28

Engineer Hamid :

Unfortunately, I do not work for JustAnswer's billing department. You will need to email JustAnswer directly. I beleive though that this is a deposit for a question which you have asked.

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

you have still not answered my original query

Engineer Hamid :

Regarding the Samsung?

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

yes

Engineer Hamid :

I have requested that the category of the question to be moved over to the Television sector. As the query is not related to computers which was the topic that it was assigned to. You should hear from JustAnswer or another expert from the Television section shortly.

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

why have you been asking questions iabout out a p c when my query was about my t v

JACUSTOMER-1990bvgt- :

you have not resolved my problem

Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an expert in the TV category.

I need to know what is connected to the TV for devices (Cable Box, DVD, Blu Ray, etc.), and do you have the same issue regardless of which device you select?

Also, the previous expert asked you about a gold plated cable, I don't need to know anything about that, but what I need to know is how the connected device that you receive your broadcasts from, connects to the TV:

HDMI
3 red,white and yellow RCA cables
5 red,blue,green,red and white RCA cables
Coaxial cable

Please reply back with details and we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Aric

There seems to be a bit of confusion as i have a samsung t v and i was unable to adjust the picture with the t v remote control.I accessed your website for help.Just why i was allocated a repc expert i can not understand.

regards

brian quirk.

Expert:  Wes replied 2 years ago.

Brian,

It sounds like your question was directed to the wrong expert category initially. In any case I will see what I can do to help you. Now, you're saying that you are unable to adjust the picture settings with the remote... can you give me a little more info about that? Is it because you can't get the remote to function properly (seems like some of the buttons are dead), can't find the picture adjustments in the menu layout, or when you make the desired adjustments, the changes don't stick, or don't seem like the changes make any difference?

In case I reference it, the manual is available online from this link:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201004/20100408132750703/BN68-02542D-00Eng-0304.pdf