info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience
18621325

I HAVE A TOSHIBA 58 INCH HD 3D SMART TV THAT IS LOCKED IN DEMO

I HAVE A TOSHIBA 58 INCH HD 3D SMART TV THAT IS LOCKED IN DEMO MODE
Category: TV
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?

Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MY SON IS JUST LOOKING TWO MINUTES PLEASE

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

No problem when you let me know please give me 10 mins to find the info out

Thank You
Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Anthony he has found a model number 58L7365D and Serial Number 31H00149 Its a Toshiba 58 inch smart HD 3D LED TV Six months old

cheers XXXXX XXXXX router was moved, and we lost reception, however when we put it back in the socket it came out of it still didn't work, so I reset the whole TV and now have checked that we have a strong signal and it is connected, but when I try and access "Netflix" for example it tells me that I cannot access in "demo mode" I have checked the setting that changes from store to home mode and it is set on home mode which is correct?

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nigel

The store mode on\off is in the "get help" menu so you need to navigate to that submenu from the main menu

Let me know if you run into any trouble

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all I can get in get help is software licenses software upgrades and system information no mention of store mode I am afraid

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

OK just give me 5

Anthony
Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

According to the manual and toshiba literature the store mode is in the get help menu it should be>>

Software Licences

Software Upgrade

System Info

Store Mode

If you dont see it there you will need to navigate to the INSTALLATION menu and pick RESET, its odd its not there though

Let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already have done that but I am going to try again it takes about an hour so I will contact you then to see if that has worked anthony

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nigel

OK but make sure you reset in the installation menu only as thats a full reset

One other thing did this happen on its own no prompting from you?

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Anthony as I said before the router was moved when it was moved back it didn't work on smart TV so I went to installation did a rest like I am again and found that the smart side of the TV wouldn't work and was in demo mode So hear we go again

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Sorry we have a bug at the site and I didnt see that bit OK so you have set it to HOME mode but it still is in DEMO

I guess you have unplugged the set from wallpower waited 5 mins then replugged back in again?

If so and the set is in HOME mode it would seem like theirs a glitch in the firmware so if your now resetting let it go through that however also look for any software that may be available for the set, if its the latest version the set will let you know in that case everything is exhausted and I would be suspecting firmware corruption here that can happen with a set as clever as this

Let me know if you have anything to add or need more info

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its still loading the channels should let you know within 20 minutes Nigel

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.

Thats OK

Anthony
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok pal its all working so G and T time no probs got it going you earned your £28

Kindest Regards

Nigel

Expert:  info tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nigel

Thats good news

Let me know if you need more info

Theirs a rating bar with this post please rate positively thanks again

Anthony

info tech, Technician
Experience: Television Engineer for many high street outlets 20 plus years experience