Nathan
Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

i have an Walker WP32LEDSM television which is 3 months old,I

Customer Question

i have an Walker WP32LEDSM television which is 3 months old,I tried to turn it on this evening but to no avail,the screen will not come on and the bottom led light is constantly flashing,if you look very closely at the screen you can notice the WALKER icon faded out on the black screen.I have consulted the owners manual,but it does not deal with this problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv,

Nathan :

Do you get any sound from the tv at all? Are you able to bring up the tv's on screen setup menu at all?

Nathan :

If so, then unfortunately, the symptoms you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, typically a faulty power supply or main board (the 2 most common failure points). This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation
1) Unplug the power cord from the tv at the mains

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

Nathan :

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm a hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct. I can guide you through that process, but at only 3 months old, your best recourse is to do nothing on your own. Instead, you should be able to pursue exchange/refund through the retailer, or failing that pursue a warranty claim through Walker to have it serviced/replaced under their guarantee.